Wednesday, February 24, 2010

CNY'10

Yes yes I know! It's been a really long time since I last pen down my daily happenings, awesome CNY and my eventful life! :)

13th The Reunion Dinner

So 13th was Happy Reunion Dinner on the CNY Eve! Woke up in the morning and headed to Harbourfront to fetch Daddy! Daddy looked much older and frail :( Well, obviously that has to be it. We're all growing older each day. But sometimes, I just wish I can grow older to become much more mature and sensible while my parents are still as young as they were when I was 1. It's rather heartbreaking to see your love ones growing older and weaker yet there's nothing you can do. Honestly, I feel that Daddy's decision to reside in Indonesia has made me learn to treasure what I have. I used to complain and kinda disliked the state my family was in, with maybe never-ending quarrels here and there. Then the usual two, whereby me and my sister or me and my brother or my brother and sister. Growing up has made me learn to not take sides or whatever and really just break the two up. I guess everyone is just tired of emerging that sense of satisfaction you get from winning a quarrel? Right, and so I feel I really treasured that night's dinner a lot. It's really whereby the only day everyone would sit down for a good meal and crack jokes here and there. And so, I realised I do treasure every meal I have with my family - The ones outside and inside.






CNY'10 - Year of the Tiger


This year CNY can be counted as a very memorable year indeed. Though not much time was not spent on shopping for my clothes, I ended up with more than I needed! I failed to wear my pretty pretty black prom dress. But I know there will still be a time for me to wear it. Grandma's 80th Birthday. :) The food throughout the three days were awesome to the max! And this year, we had a different plan from the previous years. Usually, the first two days will be spent at Grandma's/大舅舅's place, but this year's second day was spent at my humble abode!

Haa, come to think of it, I was pretty mad at the guests for arriving at an ungodly hour of 5pm when I woke up bright and early to await for everyone's arrival! And so my whole second day was wasted! :(

But first thing first, as usual we prepared to get ready to 二姑姑's house for lunch. Oh! Have I ever mentioned? My CNY every year would definitely have one bottle of Chocolate-coated Almond tart from 二姑姑! Those tart are the best! Moving on, of course Rendang, Curry Chicken, etc. was served! Yum Yum!

This year was a lil' special though, we didn't really hang out much at 二姑姑's house this time and moved on to Daddy's side relatives like 老姑! Visiting warms my heart, cause we only get to see the people once in a year, and so I think it's really nice to see everyone spending their new year happily! 2009 may be good or bad for some, but to me it's been filled with many significant events. And sure do, regrets were felt, disappointments were heartbreaking, joys were shared, happiness were experienced. It's all part and parcel of our lives. I've learnt to accept my fate, all set to start a brand new year in my brand new school. We don't always get what we want, so whatever it is, treasure what we get to have. And so, I'll tell myself to love TP. I know I will! :)


And yes, as the saying goes: A picture paints a thousand words.
That's pretty much about it for now. I'll update more about the rest of the days soon!
Gym with Kathy and Percy Jackson with mynewawesomehangingouts tomorrow!
Ben&Jerry's on Friday? Dunman's Care&Share on Saturday!







P.S: I love my family, cousins, friends, and everyone that loves me! :)

`x estee x`

No comments:

Post a Comment